Red Vascular Technologies is dedicated to development of the next generation of endoprosthesis for minimally invasive treatment of aortic aneurysms involving the origins of major branches of the thoracic and abdominal aorta through our unique technology. Our goal is to replace the current industry standard of fenestrated, modular branched endoprostheses with our one-piece nonmodular designs.
Red Vascular Technologies’ founders are Myles Douglas, MD, PhD and James W. Hill, MD, JD. They represent more than fifty years of experience in the medical device space with strengths in both intellectual property and medical device design and application. Dr. Douglas was a founder and the inventor of the original Endologix aneurysm treatment system. His unique, disruptive technologies, along with his intimate working experience in design and construction of vascular endografts while at Arizona Heart Institute, allowed Endologix to progress rapidly from a concept through a commercial product, saving patients’ lives and generating revenue within less than two years.
Long term goals include the initiation of human clinical trials at Centers of Excellence with vascular specialists well known to Dr. Douglas in Europe, other foreign sites, and the USA (on FDA approved compassionate grounds). With the success of these clinical cases, we will present our safety and efficacy results at major meetings. In doing so, we will garner the support of vascular specialists (the actual customers) by demonstrating the significant differences that Red Vascular Technology branched endografts attain in managing complex aneurysmal disease of the thoracic and abdominal aorta. With this success, Red Vascular Technologies should be a game-changing acquisition. Our patented technology will allow Red Vascular Technologies to compete with the giants of the medical device industry and excel. An attractive exit would be early acquisition by a larger medical device company.
The Non Modular Branched Endoprosthesis is the final frontier for the Endograft treatment of Aortic Aneurysmal disease, and the Non-Modular graft will prove to be far superior to the current modular branched designs for the eight reasons listed below. Fenestration is the current attempt at treatment of aneurysmal disease which effect the take offs of the major branches, but adds multiple steps to the deployment and the possible post op complications, the most compelling, Endoleak and Migration of the branch graft. RVT’s solution is elegant, practical, and non-intimidating which in the end translates to better outcomes and patient care.
1. Non Modular, which means no in situ construction of the graft.
2. No risk of device disruption, migration and leakage due to multiple parts. 3. In the Thoracic position where there is aneurysmal involvement of the major vessels, especially the Carotids, there is immediate flow to these vessels with minimal manipulation.
4. Branch or Branches act as immediate "Anchors" to prevent graft movement and intra-operative migration during initial deployment and chronically.
5. Simple intuitive deployment sequence which lowers complications and mechanical problems allowing for greater patient safety.
6. Single site (Femoral) Retrograde Deployment. Particularly important in the Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm procedures.
7. The ability to graft multiple vessels concurrently and in close proximity because of our patent pending design.
8. The Red Vascular Non Modular Branched Endoprosthesis and delivery system are designed to as an “Off the Shelf” device which can be used in any situation, even emergency, without the need for many weeks of custom design.
Red Vascular Technologies is currently involved in the development of a minimally invasive technique for the treatment of Aortic aneurysms of both the Abdominal and Thoracic Aorta which involve the major branch origins of these vessels. The current state of the art for the treatment of this disease entity is the use of Tube Grafts with “holes” or as they are known “Fenestrations” in the main body of the endograft. Various companies are involved in various techniques of “Fenestration, Periscope or other similar techniques. All these techniques are Modular in nature which means that there are multiple parts of the device which must be deployed separately increasing the complexity, complications and in general the outcomes of such devices. RVT’s design and intellectual property allows the branch or branches to be non-modular and therefore deployed along with the main body of the graft as “One Piece”. Give customers a reason to do business with you.
IN A MODEL AORTA AND BRANCH ARTERY